I started writing in 2010, so this site has hundreds of posts about topics ranging from leadership to marketing strategy to leveling up as a change agent. Here are some of the most popular essays and an introduction to my work.
TALKS AND INTERVIEWS
Lessons Learned: event series for women in leadership
House Oversight Committee calling sprint: influencing legislators
Good Morning, Love: hacked MailChimp to send personalized drip emails
Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the Supreme Court: Photoshop as social critique
WANT TO NERD OUT?
Here are some topics I care about, in no particular order.
- Developing a point of view
- Doing highly leveraged work given limited resources and constraints
- Creating strong team cultures and psychological safety
- Translating “sticky” behavioral economics concepts into smart product decisions
- Unconscious bias, changing behavior, getting buy-in
- Women of color in leadership and technology
- Embracing uncertainty
- Empowering leaders to become change agents
- Using marketing to make the world a better place
I work with a handful of clients each quarter on roadmapping for marketing and growth strategy. I find that most often, once you know what to do, that’s 90% of the battle. Executing is super important, but most smart people can execute well if we’re told what to do. The hard part is deciding what to do. If you’re a leader, entrepreneur, business owner, or the one in charge, you’ve probably noticed that your team needs you to decide what to do. If you’re interested in learning more, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Roadmapping strategy session.”